Masks are only effective if they are worn correctly. Here’s how to do it correctly (and incorrectly).
DSH – So, when it comes to masks, if you don’t wear them correctly, they’re useless.
Even the cloth coverings, which have been hailed as the best thing since social distance, come with instructions. Based on advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, we’ve set them out below.
Remember that masks only work if they cover your mouth, nose, and chin. And, as tempting as it may be to take off your mask for a few moments, doing so risks exposing your fingers and face to the virus you’re trying to avoid.
Keep this in mind when you put on your mask: if we all do our jobs correctly, we could save 33,000 lives.
- Masks should be worn in public by those aged 2 and up, according to the experts at Dharamveer Solanki Hospital (DSH).
- Children under the age of two should not wear masks, nor should anyone who has difficulty breathing.
- Masks should be used in addition to keeping a distance of at least 6 feet between you and others, especially if you are indoors with people who do not reside with you.
- If someone in your home is infected, everyone in the house should take precautions, such as wearing masks to prevent infection from spreading to others.
- On flights, buses, trains, and other types of public transportation traveling into, through, or out of the states or country, as well as in India transportation hubs such as airports and stations, masks are required. Travelers who have not been fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask and keep a safe distance when traveling, according to DSH.
DSH’s Team strictly recommends putting on your mask. Correctly!
- Before putting on your mask, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Place the mask over your nose and mouth and under your chin to keep it in place.
- Slip the loops over your ears or tie the strings behind your head to secure the mask on the sides of your face.
- If you have to adjust your mask frequently, it isn’t fitting properly, and you should look for another mask type, style, or brand.
- Make sure you can readily breathe.
To Avoid Contracting and SpreadingCOVID-19, Wear a Mask. Here are a few do’s and don’ts in a nutshell mentioned by Dharamveer Solanki Hospital’s Team of Covid Treatment Experts for you to ponder:
- To assist prevent COVID-19 infection and transmission, put a mask over your nose and mouth.
- When you’re out in public with people who don’t live with you, wear a mask, especially if you’re indoors and it’s impossible to keep six feet between you and strangers.
- To get the most out of your mask, be sure you’re wearing it correctly.
- In chilly weather, wear your mask under a scarf, ski mask, or balaclava.
- If your mask gets wet from the moisture in your breath, snow, or rain, keep a spare on hand to change it.
- Reusable masks should be kept damp in a plastic bag until they can be laundered.
- Wrap the mask over your neck or place it on your brow.
- If you touch the mask, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
For specific advice on Covid related Treatment or Symptoms, visit Dharamveer Solanki Hospital in Rohini, Delhi, or any other such Covid-safe Hospital today!